Beretta U.S.A. is currently looking for a successful 1st shift CNC Technician to start in our Accokeek, Maryland facility and transfer to our new facility in Gallatin, TN within the next few months.
JOB OBJECTIVE/ SUMMARY: CNC Technician - also referred to as Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Technician. Oversee shift output of operations to produce product that meets company quality specifications while following standard operating procedures to achieve production quotas. During the machining process, the technician constantly monitor the CNC control module, checking to see if any problems exist and to ensure that the machine tools run in a steady, continuous manor. This is a 24-hour operation. Position substrate in vises or fixtures on a CNC machine, lathe, milling machine, or other. Detect problems by listening for specific sounds, a dull cutting tool or excessive vibration. Ensure that the work piece is being properly lubricated and cooled also visually inspect parts for abnormalities to detect broken or worn tools. Based on output from tolerance gauges and CMM reports, make tool changes as well as tool offset adjustments as necessary to achieve product quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assign workers to workstations in order to meet production requirements.
• Monitor production and adjust work assignments, supply of material, and machine operation when necessary.
• Confer with supervisor to receive instructions and exchange production information.
• Train workers in equipment operation.
• Perform duties of operators as required to maintain production.
• Properly assemble and pre-set tooling to be loaded into CNC machines.
• Make tool changes and machine adjustments (offsets) as per results of gauging and CMM read outs.
• Monitor the machining of raw materials using calibrated instruments, CMM and graphic instructions (blueprints, process sheets, CMM reports, etc.) to ensure products meet Beretta U.S.A. quality standards.
• Operate various CNC machine centers in multiple workstations.
• Operate multiple CNC machine centers simultaneously.
• Clean machine fixtures and load raw material.
• Prepare parts by deburring, sanding or cleaning for fixture placement.
• Report errors in production and performance to immediate supervisor.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Monitor tool management systems.
• Ensure shift maintains work area including cleaning equipment and work area.
• Perform preventive maintenance on machines.
• Start up and shut down machines
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Work is performed while standing and requires constant walking back and forth from machine to machine within workstations.
• Personal safety protective equipment required.
• Performance of duties requires working in confined areas and seasonal temperatures.
• Work with or around oils, coolants, and cleaning solutions.
• Work area may have uneven or slippery floor conditions.
• Physical exertion may require lifting up to 40 pounds and transporting up to a distance of 20 feet. Lifts in excess of 40 pounds may be required with assistance.
• Make delicate and highly controlled muscular movements to locate small components in fixtures and vises.
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Capable of reading basic CNC programs.
• Capable of using Windows base software, MS Excel, MS Word.
• Understand the principles of CNC machine operations. (Ex. Cartesian Coordinate System)
• Education in the function of tools and equipment used in precision metal cutting.
• Recognize problems with machines.
• Be proactive to machining problems.
• Keep count of parts produced daily and hold shift operators accountable for quality or productivity misses.
• Perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Two to three years of experience operating horizontal CNC machining centers or technical school equivalent.
• Experience as shift leader in machining environment
• Educated in mathematics.
• Knowledge of Geometric Tolerance.
• Educated in occupational hazards and required safety precautions.
• High school graduate diploma/GED or equivalent required.
Beretta U.S.A. is currently looking for a successful Set Up Person to start in our Accokeek, Maryland facility and transfer to our new facility in Gallatin, TN within the next few months.
JOB SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: Set Up Person is responsible for all duties performed by a Set Up Operator in addition to performing machine set-ups, tool changes, making CNC off-sets, and a having greater amount of interpersonal contact with machine operators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Set Up Person Responsibilities - Sets up machinery on a departmental scale using micrometers, gauges, calipers and dial indicators. Changes tooling of machines. Make off-sets to ensure quality and quantity of the product. Ensures that machinery is in a safe condition to operate. Provides lead direction to machine operators and Set-Up Trainees. Reports discrepancies relating to quality or quantity to Production Manager. Provides technical training to Set-Up Trainees in the proper set-up procedures for machines.
Set Up Operator Responsibilities - Occupational hazards and required safety precautions. Principles of electro-hydraulic machine operations. Tools and equipment used in precision metal cutting. Mathematics to make basic calculations. Use micrometers, gauges, calipers and dial indicators. Read and understand basic CNC programs. Perform basic shop mathematical calculations, including trigonometry and geometry. Communicate effectively with machine operators and supervisors. Provide lead direction to machine operators and set-up trainees.
Read and understand engineering blueprints and symbols. Make tooling changes and off-sets.
Identify, analyze and resolve problems related to machinery operations.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work area may have uneven or slippery floor conditions. Works with or around oils, coolants, and cleaning solutions. Physical exertion may be required to transport up to 40 pounds. Lifts in excess of 40 pounds may be required with assistance. Work requires bending, stooping, and working in small, cramped areas. Personal safety protective equipment required. Performance of duties requires working in confined areas and seasonal hot temperatures.
QUALIFICATIONS/ABILITIES: Accurately set up machinery in a timely manner. Exercise judgment and initiative in resolving problems related to machining operations and personnel matters. Strong leadership and problem solving skills required. Machine shop background in set-up procedures required.
BERETTA USA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ENCOURAGES MINORITY, WOMEN AND VETERAN APPLICANTS TO APPLY.
Please apply in one of the following ways:
You can fax your resume and information to (301) 283-4591
You can call our job hotline at (301) 283-2191 ext. 2511
You can mail your resume and information to:
Beretta USA Corp:
Attn: Human Resources
17601 Beretta Drive
Accokeek, MD 20607
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Beretta, please call 301-283-2191 ext. 1250 or e-mail us at EmployMe@berettausa.com.